Happy Thursday! So I think this needs to be put out there for everyone to read…. There is a time and a place for many things, and the gym is not the place for something that people are doing. It has been driving me CRAZY! I have been going to the same gym since 7th grade, and I really love it. I also go to another place for my PT and barre classes.
I am going to list some ‘rules’ / ways to be polite at the gym. I am not trying to be rude in any way but there are some things that just boggle my mind, and drive me bananas.
1. During a class (like barre, yoga, pilates, etc.) it is so not appropriate to talk to your friends. Now, you can say something quick like, “Holy Sh*t, that move was crazy!” That is okay, but to have a FULL CONVERSATION is so rude. Not only to the instructor but to the rest of the class. Go get coffee after or something!
2. Put things back where you found them… self explanatory I hope. It really makes my head spin when weights are not put back, yoga mats are left out, etc.
3. If someone just got on a machine like the treadmill, do not stand behind them, and wait for them to get off. If they have been on for 45 minutes, I am sure they are getting off soon, go do something while waiting! *This happened to me today, and it really made me 1. uncomfortable and 2. mad! This is my time to workout as well.
4. DO NOT TALK ON YOUR CELL PHONE. Just don’t, go somewhere else and talk! If you are talking to an actual person on a machine THAT IS TOTALLY FINE! Just put your cell phone down.
5. Clean your machine after using it! It helps to not spread germs, and helps the staff out a little! It is your sweat after all 😉
I hope this rant wasn’t too much, but I believe it will help someone who is starting out at the gym to not be rude. Also, for people who think they own the gym (i.e. me haha)…. Okay! I am now finished…. haha thanks for reading!
Off to the gym I go!